Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hammerhead / Firewalker DLC


Overall, I'm satisfied.

I was a bit worried when I heard that most of the missions were going to be really short, and those weren't exactly soothed during the tutorial mission. However, I really enjoyed every other mission and it helped change up some of the gameplay. It makes me wish that Firewalker missions were actually the only way to get resources, instead of the probe mini-task.

I can't help but be reminded of the old original Xbox game Star Wars: Clone Wars that featured a "Jedi Tank" sort of like the Jedi Fighters from the prequel "films". Fun game. Better than the movies. The Hammerhead controls very similar to the hover tank in that game, so similar that I wonder if anyone on staff at BioWare worked on that game. It's not much of a stretch, especially considering BioWare's history with good Star Wars games.

I think we could have gotten more missions, or at least, more missions with fighting, but I believe this mission pack was just testing the waters, seeing if the fans liked it or not. I think they could have a few more missions, but if it becomes as big a part of the game as the Mako was (in an expansion or in Mass Effect 3), then they are going to have to add some features to the Hammerhead, like upgrades or different weapons. All I'd want is a hull upgrade so I could ram more often.

Anyway, I think we'll see more of the Hammerhead. I have no idea what the BioWare countdown is (likely Dragon Age 2), but if it is a Mass Effect 2 expansion, I want more Hammerhead.

Video Guide Playlist:


2 comments:

  1. Hey gats, glad to see you got this up nice and quick, love the tips, i vote for renaming the last vid "teabagging colossi: a gatsby's tale", but thats just me :p
    agree that this was indeed bioware just getting feedback, i think its infinitely superior to the mako and cant wait and hope for more of it, now to hold out a while until my thief dlc, small question
    oh & was wondering if you wouldnt mind stating exactly how many chars do u have have completed the main story, i have 19, after dlting a few >_>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fully completed, I have 1 Sentinel completion (Veteran), 1 Infiltrator (Hardcore), 1 Adept (Insanity), 1 Engineer (Insanity). However, I have various other characters at various stages of the game. I have NG + Versions of all 4 of those characters on insanity, plus a Soldier about halfway or more through the game, another sentinel, and a vanguard.

    I don't have that many total playthroughs, but when I'm doing my videos, I usually play the same section about 4 or more times before recording so I really have it mastered with that character. I think I've done the final mission of the game about 10 times just with my adept.

    ReplyDelete